What does being a fiduciary mean?
As a fiduciary we put your interests ahead of ours. This is important because there may be situations where your interests conflict with your advisors. A fiduciary has an obligation to disclose the conflicts of interest and continue to put your interests first. This may seem like common sense, but not all financial professionals have a fiduciary obligation.
Professionals who aren't fiduciaries are often held to a lesser standard.
Why should I work with you and not another firm?
- We work in a genuinely independent business model which means we do not have any proprietary products to sell or pre-packaged solutions.
- Your are hiring a TEAM of credentialed advisors, not just a single advisor, focused on helping you achieve your goals. While you may have a primary advisor as your contact, every advisor in our firm works for you and will be aware of your goals.
- We offer complete transparency concerning our compensation. See our Services and Fees page
- We have operated as fiduciaries since the founding of our firm. Your success = our success!
- We are a professional firm with a family feel. We are down to earth and approachable.
Who will I work with?
This is what sets us apart from our peers. We take a firm-based approach. You get a TEAM of advisors to work with. Each advisor brings different viewpoints and expertise to your plan.
Do I need to live in the Chicagoland area?
Absolutely not! With today's technology we can provide high levels of service to clients across the country, even internationally.
Do you have a minimum account size?
We do not have a minimum account size. In fact, you don't even need to open an investment account with us. Financial planning goes beyond just managing investments. We give you a choice on how you want to work with us. Please visit our Services and Fees page or call us for more information.
What is a financial planner or advisor?
Anyone can say that he or she is a financial planner or advisor. That’s why it’s essential to be sure of the qualifications and credentials of any “planner” or “advisor” before you pay anything or entrust them with your financial affairs. Visit Our Team to see our advisors credentials and experience which include a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and an MBA in financial planning. Also, our advisors often significantly exceed their continuing education requirements.
How do I make sure you haven't been disciplined for unethical or unlawful actions in your career?
We haven't been, but don't take our word for it. We recommend you visit FINRAs Broker-Check website and search both the firm and advisor names. BrokerCheck is a free tool to research the background and experience of financial brokers, advisers and firms. We recommend you research us and any advisor you are considering hiring.
How do I get started?
Our first step is an initial inquiry. Reach out to us by visiting our contact page or by calling us at 312-697-1600. We’ll discuss your financial needs and determine if we are a good match for each other.